Looking for the Top Breast Augmentation Surgeons in Chicago?
Dr. Anh-Tuan Truong is the one of the best breast augmentation surgeons in Chicago!
TOP CHICAGO BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGEON
What makes a top breast augmentation surgeon?
Here are some reasons Dr. Truong is considered one of the best:
- Stellar patient reviews: scroll through hundreds of reviews around the web and see what patients think about the breast augmentation results they got from Dr. Truong.
- Gallery: see for yourself what an amazing breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Truong is. He has thousands of before and after pictures that you can check out.
- Training: Dr. Truong is a board certified “Cosmetic Surgeon.” Not to be confused with a “plastic surgeon,” a cosmetic surgeon has to undergo much more extensive training in aesthetics specifically, whereas a plastic surgeon only has more limited training in aesthetics.
Here are some reasons to consider Breast Augmentation:
- If you’ve lost breast volume due to pregnancy, weight loss, or nursing. . .
- If you want to correct differences in breast size to achieve better breast symmetry. . .
- If you want your breast reconstructed due to a mastectomy or injury. . .
- If you have naturally small breasts and just want your clothes to fit better, or to look fantastic at the beach or pool. . .
- Restore breast volume lost after pregnancy and nursing, or weight loss.
- Correct differences in breast size to achieve better breast symmetry.
- Reconstruct breasts following a mastectomy or injury.
Augmentation Mammoplasty, also known as Breast Augmentation, is a surgical procedure in which implants are used to enhance the size and shape of a woman’s breast. Breast augmentation can restore breast volume lost following pregnancy or weight loss, balance a difference in breast size to achieve better symmetry, or simply enhance the body contour of a woman who feels her breast size is too small.
While breast augmentation will enlarge the breasts, it will not alter basic defects in breast shape or form like sagging breasts, tubular breasts, or widely-spaced breasts. Major asymmetries may be improved, but will not be completely corrected. If breast size or nipple position asymmetries are severe then additional procedures to further improve symmetry may be necessary.
No two breasts are identical, and even the most aesthetic breasts have small natural differences that should not be cause for concern. A breast augmentation procedure is best suited for women with realistic expectations who are looking for improvement and not perfection. Breast Augmentation is not only one of the most commonly requested cosmetic surgical procedures world-wide, it also has the highest satisfaction rate among patients.
Dr. Truong takes great pride in striving for pleasing, natural results that are tailored to each woman’s individual case. Long experience with this operation has demonstrated that a vast majority of patients who are suitable for the procedure are very happy with their results.
During your consultation, we will discuss with you your desires and expectations regarding your breast enhancement. Once you are deemed a good candidate for breast augmentation, we will explain the many options available to you regarding your surgery and work with you to tailor a plan to help you achieve your breast enhancement goals. In addition to implant size, some of the other important decisions that need to be made before your surgery include:
- Implants Saline inflatable silicone shell filled with sterile saline. Silicone prefilled silicone shell filled silicone gel.
- Placement Post-pectoral (below the muscle) Pre-pectoral (above the muscle)
- Incision Inframammary-beneath the breast, in the crease. Periareolar- along the border of the nipple areola. Axillary in the armpit skin crease. There are advantages and disadvantages to each implant, approach, and placement.
Dr. Truong will discuss these with you to help you tailor the operation that will most suitable to your body and your expectations. During your consultation, you will be given an opportunity to “try on” different sized implants to get an approximate idea of the look you wish to achieve.
Your breast augmentation procedure will be performed at an accredited state-of the art surgery center under general anesthesia. Once you are asleep, a small incision in a predetermined location will be made to create a pocket for the implant. During surgery, the breast tissue is raised to create a space under the breast tissue or beneath the chest muscle. Once the pocket is created, the implant chosen by you and your surgeon is placed and, in the case of saline implants, filled with sterile saline solution. After both implants are placed, small adjustments can be made to help achieve symmetry. The incisions are then closed with suture and dressings are applied. The surgery itself typically takes 1 to 2 hours to perform. The procedure is considered an outpatient procedure and you will typically be able to go home within 1 or 2 hours after your surgery.
Bandages are applied right after surgery to aid the healing process and to minimize movement of the breasts. Once the bandages are removed, a specialized surgical bra will need to be worn for several weeks. Some pain and soreness should be expected with the surgery and can be treated effectively with oral medication. Most patients are able to resume light activity such as walking or going out to eat within 1 to 3 days. Although normal activity can be resumed by about 2 weeks, vigorous activity like jogging or aerobics should be restricted until 6 weeks. While complications are rare, patients can minimize potential problems by carefully following the directions given by the physician after surgery.