What you can expect for a smooth rhinoplasty recovery.
While every patient is different, it’s important to have realistic expectations as it may take six months to one year to see your final result. For the best possible results it’s best to always follow your doctor’s post-operative instructions. While every patient is different, it’s important to have realistic expectations as it may take six months to one year to see your final rhinoplasty result.
- If you have a splint on your nose, keep it clean and dry until you are seen by the doctor. If you do not have a splint, you may remove the gauze and shower the day after surgery.
- Keep your steri-strips intact until you see the doctor at your first post op appointment.
- Cleanse incision area with soapy cotton-tipped applicators daily.
- Absolutely no blowing of your nose for the first 2 weeks after surgery.
- No strenuous activity for the first 2 weeks after surgery.
- Remember it will take approximately 8-12 months for all the swelling to resolve and for the final result.
- Bruising around the eyes and nose is to be expected after surgery.
- Continue your entire prescription of antibiotics until they are all finished.
- Take your pain pills as needed every 4-6 hours as needed.
- Do not use any ice or heat on the nose.
To Schedule your complimentary consultation with Top Facial Plastic Surgeon, just fill out the consultation form below.