Brazilian Butt Lift & Liposuction Post-Op Instructions
Please allow a few seconds for the .pdf to load. If you want to download the instructions to print, please click here.
HTML Friendly Text Below
BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT/LIPOSUCTION POST OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE DISREGARD ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU FIND ON THE INTERNET AND FOLLOW ONLY ONT THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN TO YOU BY DR. TRUONG.
The following instructions are designed to minimize discomfort after surgery.
REMEMBER THAT RESULTS FROM BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT AND LIPOSUCTION SURGERY TAKE TIME. You may not see the final results for up to 6 months.
DRAINAGE: Swelling and bruising/discoloration is normal following surgery. The amount varies from person to person. Patients will experience post-operative drainage after their procedure.
Drainage may be significant for 12-48 hours and will dissipate. Drainage will also appear bloody. This is normal and patients should not be alarmed. You will have pads under your compression garment over your incision sites to collect the drainage. Change the pads as needed.
NUMBNESS: You may experience localized numbness for several months. This is normal and will improve over time as your nerves regenerate.
GARMENT: Your post-surgical compression garment must be worn for 24 hours per day until your first post-operative appointment. It is designed to help with swelling.
- Take the garment off to shower 24-48 hours after surgery.
- You will then be instructed in your first follow up appointment to wear a compression garment such as BBL shape wear or a Waist Trainer for 4 weeks post surgery.
- DO NOT WEAR COMPRESSION OVER THE BUTTOCKS AS THIS CAN CAUSE CONTOUR DEFORMITIES. You may choose to wear the garment for up to 3 months to achieve optimal results and for comfort.
ACTIVITY: Patients should rest the day of surgery and watch for dizziness upon standing. You may resume activities the next morning and should be up and moving around. To avoid complications, you should not be bed ridden following this procedure. Other than walking, exercise should be resumed gradually you must consult with the Doctor regarding exercise levels before resuming.
IT IS NECESSARY TO HAVE SOMEONE STAY WITH YOU 12 HOURS FOLLOWING SURGERY.
SITTING RESTRICTIONS: Do not sit directly on your buttocks or lay on your back for 4 weeks after surgery. You may purchase a BBL pillow for sitting and also purchasing a female urination device to aid with using the bathroom without sitting is recommended. You should sleep on your stomach to avoid direct pressure.
DIET: Meals are not restricted following surgery. Begin with clear liquids if you had IV sedation.
- Avoid salt so that you do not retain water.
- Do not eat anything spicy or greasy.
- We recommend a diet high in fiber, lean proteins, fresh fruits, and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Percocet (pain) & Zofran (anti-nausea) will cause constipation. Take Metamucil/Stool Softeners.
SWELLING: Fluid retention will follow with this type of surgery. It is important to wear your compression garment to aid with the swelling. Swelling, bruising, and discoloration of
the genitals is not uncommon. Most of the swelling will reside within the first month, but residual swelling may last for up to 6 months. All thought is not scientifically proven Arnica Gel and/or Tablets can accelerate the healing of swelling and bruising.
RETURNING TO WORK: We generally recommend returning to work 5-7 days after surgery Based upon each patients discomfort level.
PAIN: Pain is usually minimal and typically resides within 7-14 days after surgery.
SHOWERING: You may shower 24-48 hours after your surgery.
- It is advised that you have assistance with your first shower.
- Is is advised to have a light snack and orange juice to prevent dizziness
- you may experience dizziness and nausea removing your compression garment.
- We suggest washing your garment
- Do not replace pads, gauze, or bandages over your incisions unless you are still draining.
- Do not apply ointment/moisturizer over your incisions soap and water from your shower is sufficient enough for them to be cleansed.
- You may NOT sit or submerge your body in water for 4 weeks. No swimming pools, hot tubs, whirlpools or baths until the incisions are closed and thoroughly healed.
MEDICATION: DO NOT take herbal supplements, aspirin/aspirin containing products, ibuprofen, arthritis relief medications, or vitamin E for two weeks before & after surgery.
You have been prescribed 3 medications:
- ANTIBIOTIC: Keflex (Cephalexin) Take this medication until completed (one week).
First dose (1pill) when you get home. Then take 1 pill four times a day until completed.
- ANTI-NAUSEA: Zofran (Ondansetron): As needed for Nausea
You may experience nausea/vomiting. Take one pill every 6-8 hours, as needed.
- PAIN: Percocet (Oxycodone/Acetaminophen): As needed Take your pain medication after a small/light meal to prevent nausea. Take 1-2 pills as needed for pain every 4-6 hours.
THIS MEDICATION IS TO BE TAKEN AS NEEDED ONLY FOR PAIN FROM SURGERY ONLY.
You may opt for Extra Strength Tylenol instead of Percocet for pain management. DO NOT TAKE TYLENOL AND PERCOCET AT THE SAME TIME.
SUN EXPOSURE: Avoid exposing any small scars to the sun for at least 12 months. Always use a strong sun block, if sun exposure is unavoidable (SPF 30 or greater).
EXPECTATIONS: Keep in mind that we are trying to achieve significant I improvement, not perfection. If your expectations are realistic, you are much more likely to be happy with the final result. Be patient, it may take up to 6-12 months to see optimal results from Brazilian Butt Lift.
For non emergency related questions ALWAYS call our office during business hours to 312.846.1529 (ex: appointment inquiry, time of upcoming appointment etc…)
For immediate emergencies call 911 or go to Presence Saint Francis Hospital located on 355 Ridge Ave, Evanston, IL 60202. If you are unable to go to St.Francis, you may go to Presence Saint Joseph Hospital, located on 2900 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60657.
If you have urgent concerns after business hours, you may call 312.320.4655 (please note that the response may not be immediate. This phone number is not to be used for general inquiries such as appointment inquiries, time of appointment, or scheduling appointments, you should contact our office during business hours.
CALL OUR REGISTERED NURSE IMMEDIATELY TO 312.320.4655
- If you have a temperature over 100.4 degrees.
- Sudden and/or abnormal swelling.
- Intense pain not relieved by pain medication.